One of my favorite places...

Friday, October 4, 2024

Artificial Intelligence.

 I have recently been exploring artificial intelligence and I find much of it to be unnerving.  Obviously, some of my neighbors do as well.  One, who is an unfailingly severe critic of my thinking, actually found my explorations to be so disturbing that she requested me to stop writing about the subject, preferring that I go back to complaining about our collective stupidity instead.  I suggest that this approach to the problem of AI is indicative of our approach to all of our most serious challenges and is the reason that we are struggling with a cascading flow of increasingly problematic failures at home and abroad.  When we run up against a challenge, we immediately seek a way to avoid it rather than deal with it effectively.

No comments: