One of my favorite places...

Sunday, October 13, 2024

Artificial Intelligence






Artificial Intelligence continues to capture my thinking. I see it as a relatively easily understood example of the power of the computer in the hands of the populace at large. I have absolutely no clue as to how it is going to play out, but I sense that it is going to coninue to speed up the "information" revolution that is already taking place throughout the world. Here is the original photograph and the two sibling images that I created using AI recently. These images could have been created by a skilled practitioner of Photoshop without AI, but the idea that they can be created by anyone in a matter of minutes is a profound "advance" in image creation. Add in voice manipulation and the "advances" bring made in video technology, coupled with the forces that are limiting our ability to travel widely, along with the political polarization of our major media sources, and you have a recipe for even more mass stupidity than exists presently.

No comments: